The Books Store is reopening on April 7, 2017.
Book Store Hour
- April 7 – April 30: open Friday & Saturday, 10:30 AM – 4:30 PM
- May 1 – May 27: open Monday through Saturday, 10:30 AM – 4:30 PM
- May 28 – October 14: open everyday, 10:30 AM – 4:30 PM (Saturday); 12:30 PM – 4:30 PM (Sunday)
- October 20 – November 25: open Friday & Saturday; 10:30 AM – 4:30 PM
The Bookstore can not accept donations during the off-season (there is no one there to process them). Please find another place to donate your items if you cannot hold on to them until Spring. We will begin accepting donations for the 2017 season on April 7.
Thank you! See you soon!
Book Store Contacts
207-633-3112 and ask to be
transferred to the Book Store!
Book Store Volunteer Coordinator
Sam Stevens 207-350-6772
Donations Welcome April – November
The Friends of the Library Used Book Store gratefully accepts donations from April through November. Due to space limitations, the Friends have made the following changes to their policy for accepting used books. Please follow this policy when considering donations for the store.
The Friends of the Library request that donations include only:
- Gently used books
- We ask that that all items be in saleable condition; before donating an item ask yourself, “Would I buy this item?”
The Book Store cannot store, display or sell old textbooks, dictionaries or torn, soiled or musty books, all of which need to go to the dump. Pre-2005 travel guides, atlases, and textbooks are also too space consuming and no one has purchased an encyclopedia in years. With a heavy heart these must also be consigned to the dump.
If a donor in the region is unable to bring books to the Library, call 633-3112 and ask to be transferred to the bookstore — arrangements will be made to pick up gift books. Donations may be made when the store is open and after hours in the large plastic bin behind the store (near the Library parking lot).