During our temporary suspension of in-person library services, Tech Help will be available over the phone or via Zoom.
Need help using your new Kindle or iPad? Want to create a Facebook profile (or delete one!) but don’t know how to get started?
Book a 1 hour appointment for One-on-One Technology Help!
To book your appointment, contact us by phone at 207-633-3112 or by email at email@example.com.
Learn how to use…
- Library ebooks or audiobooks on your computer or portable device
- Use the library’s free resource databases
- CloudLibrary and Hoopla help
- Email (phone number required to create email account)
- Minerva library account basics (how to access and manage your Boothbay Harbor Memorial Library account online)
- Windows 7, 8 or 10 Basics (please inquire about any specific programs)
- Mac (Apple) Basics (please inquire about any specific programs)
- iPad and tablet device Basics
- Android, iPhone and other smart devices
- Kindle or Nook eReaders
- Microsoft Office Basics (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- USB Flash Drives to save personal files
- Google Drive, Google Suite (Docs, Sheets)
- Facetime, Skype, Zoom or Google Meet for video chatting
- Spotify or Pandora for listening to music
- Social media like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, or LinkedIn
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- Please arrive with a clear goal of what you would like to learn.
- Please arrive with all the necessary passwords needed to access your device or accounts.
- Be sure to bring in any device you need help with. If necessary, we can provide PC laptops with Windows 7, 8 or 10, Chromebooks, Kindles and iPad for demonstration.
- We are unable to troubleshoot or fix malfunctioning devices, take apart or replace physical parts on a device, or participate in credit card transactions.
(Please note that you may only book ONE appointment at a time – instructor will determine placement after initial meeting for future appointments. Maximum 5 appointments per patron per year.)
Sharing is caring!
Big thanks to Cranston Public Library for sharing their Tech Help text with us!