April is National Poetry Month. Since the record of the Epic of Gilgamesh (~1800 BC), humans have used poetry to communicate, cope with, and create our life stories. BHML invites the entire community, young and older(!) to honor the art, the craft, and the power of poetry. Send us your submissions and help write, record, and define today’s world with your words. The goal: together we will create a book of poems to reflect our many voices during a time like no other. Entries accepted March 30 – April 30, 2020 – This event has passed.
- 3 Entries Max (3 Poems).
- Include your Name, Town, Title, & Poem for each submission (anonymous & pseudonymous accepted).
- We are taking the “broad view” of poetry: if you prefer prose, and simply want to share your thoughts to be included in this collection, we welcome your words!
- All Ages: 0-999!
There are 3 ways to submit your entries:
1. Online using the form below ↓
or email your entry to: email@example.com with the subject POETRY NOW!
2. Mail your entry/entries to us.
Attn: POETRY NOW
4 Oak Street
Boothbay Harbor, ME 04538
3. Take a spin down to BHML and drop your paper entries in the book drop. Put them in an envelope, or folded up, and addressed to “POETRY NOW.”
Ready to take your poetry to the next level?
Submit your one, two, or three poems in video form to BRTV, your local TV station for everyone to see!
Send your widescreen poetry videos to:
The poems will be edited into a local Poetry Out Loud show!
- Record horizontally!
- The close recording with an iPhone or tablet helps you record good audio also.
- For video style reference:
Note: All entries will be published in the final compilation. Some submissions may be published online, on the website, or other outlets from March 30 – April 30 to advertise the event. By submitting your poetry you agree that BHML may use your entry in any way it sees fit for library purposes for the rest of time! Works should be previously unpublished and/or written for this compilation.