Curbside. All Summer. By Appointment.
1) Request your items. *Items must be available at BHML. (Learn more about how to request BHML owned items here).
- Request items in online catalog at https://minerva.maine.edu/search~S8
- Request items by phone at 207-633-3112, or
- Send email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
- BHML doesn’t own what you’re looking for? Suggest a purchase.
2) Wait for a BHML staff member to call you to schedule your pickup (we will call within 2 business days).
3) Arrive at BHML at your appointed time to pick up your items. We ask that patrons please note signage and follow all instructions. Social distancing and masks required.
4) Participate in summer reading June 23 – August 15! Adults, Kids, and Teens, sign up for Summer Reading 2020 for chances to win prizes! BIKES! MUGS! LEGOS! PUSHEEN! Learn more: bbhlibrary.org/summerreading2020.
Special thanks to the Maine State Library for hooking us up with Beanstack for online summer reading fun!
Q: How will I know my items are ready to be picked up?
A: BHML staff will call you to schedule a pickup time. Unfortunately, no walk-up or unscheduled contact is allowed at this time. All items must be pre-requested. Pickup times will be offered on the following days and hours:
Tuesday: 10:00 AM – Noon AND 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Wednesday: Noon – 2:00 PM AND 5:00 PM – 6:45 PM
Thursday: 10:00 AM – Noon AND 2:00 – 4:00 PM
Friday: 10:00 AM – Noon AND 2:00 – 4:00 PM
Saturday: 10:00 AM – Noon
Q: How long will it take to get my items?
A: BHML staff run a pull list every morning. We will contact you within 2 business days of your request for items to schedule a pickup time.
Q: How do I know if BHML owns the item(s) I want?
A: Start your search in the Minerva Catalog using this link https://minerva.maine.edu/search~S8 to pre-limit the search to BHML materials. Or, use these instructions to limit your online search to BHML materials: https://bbhlibrary.org/how-to-request-items-using-the-minerva-catalog/. If you have trouble, feel free to reach out!
Q: Can I order books from other libraries?
A: Not at this time. Currently, requests can be made on BHML owned materials only. BHML always wants to hear your suggestions for future purchases: https://bbhlibrary.org/services/suggest-a-purchase/
Q: How many items can I request?
A: For now, 10 items total (including max of 7 DVDs and 7 audiobooks)
Q: What if I can’t pick up my items at my scheduled time?
A: Let us know as soon as possible so that we can reschedule your pickup time. Please do not just drop by. If you have not made contact in the 1 week following your missed appointment, we will re-shelve your items. We are not allowing unscheduled pickups.
Q: I don’t have a library card, how do I get one?
A: We are happy to mail you a library card. Please fill out the form at: https://bbhlibrary.org/library-card-registration-form/ or call 207-633-3112.
Q: Is curbside service going to be available all summer?
A: Yes, unless federal, state, or local guidelines change or there is a surge in Covid-19 cases in the State of Maine. If necessary to keep everyone safe, closing the library at any time is at the discretion of the Executive Director.
Q: What safety measures are in place?
A: For curbside service the BHML staff will be following the CDC guidelines for social distancing and wearing masks and gloves while preparing your items for pick-up. All items will be packed into clean bags and marked with the name of the person picking up, with social distance procedures and signage directing pickup. Cleaning and sanitizing procedures will be strictly adhered to. All returned items will be quarantined for a minimum 5 days. We ask that you help us too, by wearing masks, staying in your car until you are waived on to get your bag of items, and maintaining 6 feet of social distancing at all times between other people.
On June 23, after updated findings from the Battelle Study on library materials, BHML decreased our quarantine period for books from 7 days to 5 days.
Special thanks to the following organizations and businesses for helping us with the supplies necessary to lend library materials as safely as possible!