Please note: at this time all meetings and programs are in the Great Room, on the first floor of the Library.
Due to the CDC COVID-19 recommendations, room capacity is currently limited to 15 people.
Community Room Use Policy
The Library welcomes the use of the Community Room by groups for educational, cultural, and civic activities. Consistent with the Library’s commitment to openness and inclusiveness, programs and meetings are encouraged to be free and open to the public. Please refer to the fee schedule below for private use of the Community Room.
The Community Room, located on the second floor of the Library, seats up to 35 people.
When not specifically reserved, the Community Room is open to the public for use as co-working, study, and quiet meeting space. Scheduling priority is given to library sponsored programs and activities. The Community Room is available to reserve during library operating hours:
Tuesday 10:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Wednesday 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Thursday 10:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Friday 10:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Saturday 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Closed Sunday & Monday
|Private Meeting Fee Schedule|
|For Profit||Non-Profit||Co-Sponsored by BHML|
|First 2 hours||$150||$25||No Fee|
|Each additional hour||$25||$5||No fee|
|Staff fee per hour beyond library hours|
(for both public & private meetings)
|Additional equipment setup fee (projector, screen, laptop, speakers): $25|
Meetings that are open to the public and within normal library operating hours will not be charged fees, and may be listed on the library’s public calendar. The Library may choose to advertise these events at the discretion of the Library Director.
Any meeting that is not public will not be advertised and will be governed by the Private Meeting Fee Schedule above.
Community Room Use Rules
All reservations will be reviewed and must be approved by the Director or their designee.
The individual or the designated person submitting the request, shall be responsible for following all BHML guidelines for use of the Community Room. Those who use the Community Room must leave the room in the same condition in which it was found. Failure to comply with this agreement will result in a loss of privileges to reserve library spaces.
Reservations: make & break in a timely fashion
- Reservations can be made by contacting the library, or by filling out the online form.
- When reserving the room, be sure to include time for set up and clean up.
- Cancellations should be made as early as possible to allow others to use the room.
- Failure to notify the Library of a cancellation may jeopardize future reservations.
- The Library reserves the right to cancel a room reservation under special circumstances.
- No more than six meetings in a six-month period will be accommodated.
Set Up and Clean Up: Leave no trace
- Groups are responsible for their own room set up.
- Groups are responsible for cleaning up the room before leaving and returning all furniture back to its original arrangement.
- Light refreshments may be served.
- All trash must be removed by the group.
- Hanging anything directly on the walls using tape, nails, or adhesives, is prohibited.
- No alcoholic beverages may be served without necessary licensing and prior permission from the Library.
- Smoking is prohibited
- Unless otherwise negotiated, no admission fees will be charged (see Community Room Use Policy)
- BHML is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Insuring property is the responsibility of the individual and/or group using the room. Proof of insurance may be required.
- The Group shall be responsible for any damage to Library property resulting from the Group’s use of BHML facilities.
- Youth groups may use the Community Room with supervision by an official sponsor.
- Any violation of these stipulated rules will result in the Individual and/or Group being responsible for cleaning fees or any additional custodial services required that includes cleaning of carpets, repair and/or replacement of damaged furnishings, walls, equipment, etc.
Reserve the Community Room