Effective Tuesday, October 13, 2020, until further notice folks:
Starting Tuesday, October 13, BHML is excited to welcome patrons back into the building for in-person browsing and checkout. In order to keep the community in good health, the following house rules will be applied:
- Capacity is limited to 5 patrons
- Visits are limited to 30 minutes
- Masks that cover the nose and mouth are required
- Hands must be washed or sanitized upon entry
- Physical distancing must be practiced and respected
- Sign in. Patrons will be required to sign in. This information will be gathered for contact tracing purposes only. Sign-in information will be shred daily, after 14 days.
- 2 laptops available, subject to a 30 minute time limit.
- No public restroom.
- For patrons who are not comfortable entering the building, or are unable to wear a mask, in place of Curbside Pickup, patrons may do a Windowside Pickup from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM on Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. Drop by during those times to the window by the book drop to pick up your reserved items.
- The email address email@example.com has been discontinued. To place requests for materials, visit: minerva.maine.edu/ or call us at 207-633-3112.
Tuesdays 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Wednesdays 9:30 AM – 7:00 PM
Thursdays 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Fridays 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM
*Saturday 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Tuesday 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Friday 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
*Saturday 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
No appointment required
Until further notice, all non-browsing and lending uses of the library will continue to be suspended. Due to space constraints, we are unable to accommodate meetings, gatherings, and library lounging. In the event that a Library employee, volunteer or patron tests positive for COVID-19, the Library will close without notice and remain closed for 14 days.
Read more on the CDC website about how to protect yourself and others from COVID-19.
Finally, a parting joke: Why did the chicken cross the road? To maintain physical distancing requirements.