WANTED: Astute and inspired individual! BHML is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, as such, we are currently seeking to add a motivated, smart, and lively individual to help connect with our patrons, keep in touch with our donors, and celebrate and promote our library services.
Development & Marketing Coordinator (Part Time)
In consultation with the Executive Director and Fundraising Committee, the Development & Marketing Coordinator will maintain and assess our current Development program, making suggestions and adjustments as needed; coordinate the Annual Appeal; and work with staff to deliver routine communications with BHML patrons and donors.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Process donations, generate and send acknowledgement letters.
- Maintain accurate records in our donor database and associated hard copy files.
- Coordinate, design and execute four snail-mailings (two newsletters, one annual appeal, one winter greeting).
- Create and send BHML’s monthly e-newsletter.
- Monitor, read, and respond to emails.
- Generate donation reports.
- Research and assist with the preparation of grant applications.
- Write press releases and otherwise promote library programs, services, and events; work with volunteers to coordinate library efforts.
- Collaborate with key staff to develop branded marketing materials and expand reach.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Gsuite, Mac & PCs, Microsoft Office, social media platforms, etc.
- People skills, ability to work with people of all ages from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Sense of humor, creativity, initiative.
- Attention to detail.
- Driver’s license preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by the candidate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk and hear, read, write, and use hands and fingers to operate a standard computer keyboard.
- The employee must have the physical strength and dexterity to handle items and boxes up to 50 pounds in weight, to transport loaded mailings, and to reach items on high and low shelves.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Use of a computer monitor is extensive throughout the working day.
HOURS & COMPENSATION
This is a year-round, 20 hour/week position, schedule to be determined upon hire. Retirement benefit option with employer contribution; plus annual health insurance stipend. Pay rate is $18,000 – $24,000/year commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and three references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis; open until filled.