- Use of the lawn is at the discretion of the Library Director, with priority given first to Library events, and then to non-profit/charitable groups and events.
- Organizations wishing to use the lawn must make application to the Library Director or, in his/her absence, the President of the Board of Trustees, at least two weeks in advance of the event.
- Use of the lawn is scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- No more than one group or event may use the lawn at one time, unless deemed appropriate by the Library Director.
- The sponsoring organization will be responsible for the following:
- All setting up, including provision of tables, chairs, etc. All legal requirements, including licenses, permits, taxes, etc.
- Conduct of the event, including compliance with any applicable laws, ordinances or regulations regarding fund-raising, crowd control, and arrangements for traffic control.
- Provision of any necessary security.
- All clean-up, including trash removal, restoration of any benches displaced for the event, removal of all items belonging to the organization and/or participants in the events.
- At no time during the course of any event held during the Library operating hours shall access to the Library be impeded.
- The Library parking lot shall not be used by event organizers while the Library is open.
- The Library reserves the right, at the sole discretion of the Library Director or the President of the Board of Trustees, to refuse and/or withdraw permission for use of the lawn to any organization or participant at any time for violation of this policy.
- The Library, its employees, volunteers or invitees shall not be liable for any loss, theft, injury or other damage or casualty incurred by the sponsoring organization or any of its employees, volunteers and invitees.
- Any organization that uses the lawn for continuing events, which the Library deems would damage the lawn, will be required to provide protective mats for the lawn.
- The sponsoring organization, by agreeing to use the lawn, agrees to be responsible for any damage to the lawn, trees, shrubs, plantings, lawn furnishings or building, and to the Library’s making any necessary repairs and billing the sponsoring organization.
- The Library reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or terminate this policy at any time.
Adopted February 11, 2004
Updated January 22, 2015