- Use of the lawn is at the discretion of the Library Director, with priority given first to Library events, and then to non-profit/charitable groups and events.
- The Library reserves the right to cancel an event at any time.
- Organizations wishing to use the lawn must make application to the Library Director or, in his/her absence, the President of the Board of Trustees, at least two weeks in advance of the event.
- Use of the lawn is scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- No more than one group or event may use the lawn at one time, unless deemed appropriate by the Library Director.
- The sponsoring organization will be responsible for the following:
- All setting up, including provision of tables, chairs, etc.
- Current licenses, insurance, permits, tax ID numbers if applicable, etc.
- Conduct of the event, including compliance with any applicable laws, ordinances or regulations regarding fund-raising, crowd control, and arrangements for traffic control.
- Provision of any necessary security.
- All clean up, including trash removal, restoration of any benches displaced for the event, removal of all items belonging to the organization and/or participants in the events.
- At no time during the course of any event held during the Library operating hours shall access to the Library be impeded.
- Event organizers shall not use the Library parking lot while the Library is open.
- The Library reserves the right, at the sole discretion of the Library Director or, in the Director’s absence, the President of the Board of Trustees, to refuse and/or withdraw permission for use of the lawn to any organization or participant at any time for violation of this policy.
- The Library, its employees, volunteers or invitees are not liable for any loss, theft, injury or other damage or casualty incurred by the sponsoring organization or any of its employees, volunteers and invitees.
- Any organization that uses the lawn for continuing events, which the Library deems would damage the lawn, will be required to provide protective mats for the lawn.
- Activities on the lawn shall not damage any aspect of Library property, including, but not limited to, the lawn, trees, shrubs, plantings, lawn furnishings or building. The sponsoring organization, by agreeing to use the lawn, agrees to be responsible for any such damage.
- The Library reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify this policy at any time.